Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Beads!!


If you stop into my Etsy Shop, the shelves may look a little bare. Here's why.. for the last 10 days I've been working with our neighborhood HOA to fight a crematorium which wanted to move into our community. It would have been about 250 feet from our house and since we have an asthmatic son, this was a big concern to us. Some people don't seem to be concerned with a crematorium in a neighborhood but there are so many unknown risks. The EPA does not regulate crematoriums and there are many studies that prove that mercury is released into the environment during a cremation if the bodies have old amalgam fillings. I'm going to spare you with the rest of the details. I've learned more about cremation over the last 10 days that I wish to know. To make a very long story short, we made the front page of our local paper and the landlord that was leasing the property has rescinded the lease offer to the crematorium. (YAY!). This project kept me very busy but when it comes to something that affects my family, there is nothing that will stop me. So, family first and beads second. I'm back and getting ready to list all the new beads that have arrived over the last couple of weeks.

I haven't made the official announcement yet but I now have a new website!! Please stop by and take a look www.mountainshadowbeads.com. I am adding to it daily and you will be able to buy multiple quantities and save on shipping. I will of course continue to sell on Etsy but this will be a great addition to my business.

No comments: